Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spirit of the Marathon

I secretly love indie, documentaries and foreign films. My netflix queue is full of such titles I never watch. . . why? Because it is also full of kids movies, family films and tv series the family wants to watch. Last week, we got this disc from netflix (I know, I know, I am WAY behind the times. . .) that allows us to stream movies instantly through our Wii. The first movie I picked was one of my documentaries - "The Spirit of the Marathon". It follows 6 people from all walks of life training for the Chicago marathon. Watching, I was moved to tears several times. . . I walked my first (and I swore only) marathon in Portland in 2008. It was an amazing experience and watching this film made me want to run, well, anything. . .

In an attempt to see better fitness results, I started running this past spring. I. Hate. Running. I want to like it, but so far, I don't. This movie has given me hope. I am going to continue to run, continue to persevere, continue to dream of running an endurance race. . . Put this movie in your queue and let me know what it inspires you to achieve.

No comments: